June 18, 2013

DIY Clean/Dirty Dishwasher Magnet

For The Past 7 Years, My Husband And I Have Guessed On Weather Or Not Our Dishwasher Had Clean Or Dirty Dishes In It & Luckily We Have Only Made A Few Wrong Guesses.
So, While Thumbing Through My Favorite Site, Pinterest, I Found This Clever Idea On Etsy....

 
 
And Instead Of Purchasing It, I Created My Own...
 
 
 
I Purchased These Scrabble Letters From Joann's Fabric For $10. It May Seem Like A Lot, But We Don't Have A Hobby Lobby Close & It Beats Paying For Shipping If I Ordered Them Online!!

 
 
I Then Took Some Magnet Strip That I Had & Lined Them Up Along The Sticky Part Of The Strip.
I Did This For Both "Clean" & "Dirty"

 
 
Next I Trimmed Up The Sides Of Each Word.

 
 
Taking Some Super Glue I Had, I Ran A Thin Strip Along Each Side Of The Strip (just for extra hold).

 
 
Finally, I Added Two Short Magnetic Strips So That Each Word Would Be Held Together.

 
 
And....It's Done! Now We Don't Have To Guess Weather Or Not The Dishes Are Clean Or Not!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment