February 10, 2013

DIY - Toy Storage Bench

My Daughter's Birthday Is In November & She Gets A Lot Of Toys...Just In Time For Christmas!  Needless To Say, It Was Time To Organize Them & What Better Way Than To Also Provide Some Seating?!
 
 
 
To Start, We Figured Out About Where We Wanted It & The Dimensions According To Where It Was Going To Go & How Spaced Out I Wanted Each Cube.  Since I Wanted Them Spaced Out Far, We Only Had Room For 3 Cubes, Which Was Perfect.
(The Beauty Of Being Married To A Number's Guy Is That This Bench Was Planned With Exact Measurements!!)

 
After It Was Nailed Together, We Filled In The Holes & Cracks


 
Then We Painted It.  I Went With White Since The Rest Of The Furniture In My Daughter's Room Is White.  I Used Behr Interior/Exterior Semi-Gloss Pure White From Home Depot.

 
Since We Were Going To Add Cushions On Top, We Thought It Would Be A Good Idea To Add A Strip Along The Three Sides Of The Top.

 
And My Handy Husband Made It Decorative By Setting It In About An Inch & Adding The Slant At Each End!  He's Brilliant!

 
 
Next, I Had To Organize Her Toys, Put Old Ones Away & Bring Out New Ones & It Was Complete!
The Only Item We Bought, Aside From The Wood & Paint, Was The Green Body Pillow Which I Found At IKEA For $12.99.

 
It's A Great Piece In Her Room Now & It's One That Reminds Me She Is Growing Up!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment